Staff Nurse Older Persons Rapid Assessment Unit (OPRA) C1
NHS AfC: Band 5
- Medicine and Emergency Care
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time
- Part time
- Royal Blackburn Hospital,
- £27,055 - £32,934 Pro Rata
- 08/02/2023 23:59
At East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust our vision is to be widely recognised for providing safe, personal and effective care. We currently provide high quality services and treat over 600,000 people across East Lancashire and the surrounding area. We employ over 9,500 staff, many of whom are internationally renowned and have won awards for their work.
The Older Persons Rapid Assessment Unit is a purpose built Frailty village which address the needs of frail older people within East Lancashire. The unit has nine assessment areas, nineteen in -patient beds for patients not expected to be in hospital longer than 72 hours; and a further nineteen beds for patients admitted requiring a longer stay. The purpose of the unit is to ensure that all patients are comprehensively assessed and treated prior to being discharged home whenever possible. Assessments are completed using the full MDT approach, allowing for the delivery of holistic care and an individualised discharge plan incorporating partner agencies if needed
Main duties of the job
The unit can actively support the development of newly qualified staff, as well as those looking for a change of area in order to further increase individual knowledge and skill base
The Medicine for Older People Directorate have recently appointed a Practice Educator who is keen to promote learning and development; this would be an ideal time to join the team as peer support and learning opportunities are readily available.
Working for our organisation
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
Dear Potential Applicant,
It is important you are made aware of the changes which East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust has implemented with regard to charging for the cost of undertaking Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) Checks (previously known as Criminal Records Bureau or CRB) and how this may impact upon you.
As this position is exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and involves work that is identified as a regulated activity as defined in the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (2006), any offer of employment is provisional upon a satisfactory DBS check being obtained.
The cost of an Enhanced Disclosure will be £44.00, which includes a small handling fee.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The OPRA unit is looking to recruit enthusiastic, compassionate and motivated band 5 staff; those who share, and will actively promote the core values of the Trust, and wish to develop their knowledge and skills in the exciting area.
- Registered 1st Level or equivalent as verified by NMC
- To have knowledge of current research applicable to the post’s specialist area.
- Able to take on board new ideas, skills and knowledge.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Able to manage the care for a group of people and prioritise workload with minimal supervision
- Be proficient at calculating drug dose
- Able to write basic reports
- Able to train less qualified carers/learners
- Moving and handling, customer awareness, computer/keyboard skills
- Able to present reasoned discussion
- Evidence of continuous development
- Be able to work in a team
- Be supportive of team members
- Able to communicate effectively to patients, visitors and colleagues
- Able to reflect on one’s own work
- Have effective interpersonal skills
- Be able to work with minimal supervision within the job description
- Be able to fulfill; various shift patterns on the ward, inc. nights
- Proven ability to keep information confidential
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Lynsey Collinge or Laura Ashworth
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01254 732059
- Additional information
Laura Ashworth's email is email@example.com