Staff Nurse Ward C11
NHS AfC: Band 5
- Medicine and Emergency Care
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time
- Part time
- Royal Blackburn Hospital,
- £25,655 - £31,534 Pro Rata
- 26/07/2022 23:59
At East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust our vision is to be widely recognised for providing safe, personal and effective care. We currently provide high quality services and treat over 600,000 people across East Lancashire and the surrounding area. We employ over 8,000 staff, many of whom are internationally renowned and have won awards for their work.
Within the Directorate of Medicine Older People we have Ward C11 which is an acute fast paced 22 bedded medical ward, predominantly, but not exclusively for the elderly. The medical conditions of the patients are many and varied, and as such this would be an ideal opportunity for either a newly qualified band 5, or one looking for a change of area, to further develop knowledge and increase their skill base.
Main duties of the job
The ward team is well established and keen to support new staff; we have a proven track record in this area. The Medicine for Older People Directorate have recently appointed practice educators, who are keen to help staff develop, this would be an ideal time to join the team as support and learning opportunities are readily available.
Working for our organisation
Dear Potential Applicant,
It is important you are made aware of the changes which East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust has implemented with regard to charging for the cost of undertaking Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) Checks (previously known as Criminal Records Bureau or CRB) and how this may impact upon you.
As this position is exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and involves work that is identified as a regulated activity as defined in the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (2006), any offer of employment is provisional upon a satisfactory DBS check being obtained.
The cost of an Enhanced Disclosure will be £44.00, which includes a small handling fee.
In line with other NHS organisations in the North West Region, the Trust is now passing the charge for undertaking a DBS check on to candidates in the event they are successfully appointed into the post for which they have applied. Candidates can choose whether to pay this over 1-3 months as a deduction from the monthly salary. By applying for this vacancy you are agreeing to this undertaking in the event you are successfully appointed.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
C11 has been involved in the Nurse Associate assessment process and has just appointed a member of staff who has successfully completed the training. C11 is also one of the first wards to be involved in the CLIP student nurse training, and fully supports the trust preceptorship programme for newly qualified staff.
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
- Registered 1st Level or equivalent as verified by NMC
- To have knowledge of current research applicable to the post’s specialist area
- Able to take on board new ideas, skills and knowledge
- Ability to problem solve
- Be numerate
- Able to manage the care for a group of people and prioritise workload with minimal supervision.
- Be proficient at calculating drug doses
- Able to write basic reports
- Able to train less qualified carers/learners
- Moving and handling, customer awareness, computer/keyboard skills
- Able to present reasoned discussion.
- Evidence of continuous development.
- Be able to work in a team
- Be supportive of team members
- Able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and colleagues
- Be able to work with minimal supervision within the job description
- Be able to fulfill; various shift patterns on the ward, inc. nights
- Able to adopt to change
- Proven ability to keep information confidential
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kat Eves-Keenan
- Job title
- Matron for ASU
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01254 732037
If you have problems applying, contact
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust