Staff Nurse - B8 Fast Flow
- Medicine and Emergency Care
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospitals
- £25,655 - £31,534 Pro Rata
- 18/07/2022 23:59
At East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust our vision is to be widely recognised for providing safe, personal and effective care. We currently provide high quality services and treat over 600,000 people across East Lancashire and the surrounding area. We employ over 8,000 staff, many of whom are internationally renowned and have won awards for their work.
Within the Directorate of Acute medicine. We have ward B8 which is a 22 bedded Acute Fast Flow ward. The Purpose of this ward is to aid a fast discharge and encourage flow within the Acute Medical Unit.
Do you fancy a challenge ? with support, education and reassurance , this could be for you.
Main duties of the job
The team and ward manager is well motivated and keen to support any new staff. The emphasis on building a new and innovative team is high on the priority.
The Medical conditions of the patients are many and varied and as such this would suit an experienced nurse who is motivated keen to learn ready to embrace change and service improvement.
Working for our organisation
Posts are offered on a full and part time basis. The post requires flexible working patterns to meet the needs of the service to include bank holidays, nights and weekends as required.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Our patients will be admitted via the Acute Medical Unit and Ambulatory care they will have been triaged and admitted and selected to be discharged within 24/48hrs.
You will work with your own allocated HCA in a bay of no more than 8 patients . There will always be a Senior nurse on duty for support.
The opportunity may be available to rotate to the Acute Medical Unit and Ambulatory care.
- Registered 1st Level or equivalent as verified by the NMC
- To have knowledge of current research applicable to the post’s specialist area.
- Able to take on board new ideas, skills and knowledge.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Be numerate
- Able to manage the care for a group of people and prioritise workload with minimal supervision.
- Be proficient at calculating medication doses.
- Able to write basic reports.
- Able to train less qualified carers/learners.
- Moving and handling, customer awareness, computer/keyboard skills.
- Able to present reasoned discussion.
- Evidence of continuous development.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Janine Tozer
- Job title
- Ward Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01254 733611
- Additional information
If you have problems applying, contact
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust