- Band 6
- Temporary for 12 months
- Full time 37.5 per week
- Royal Blackburn Hospital
- £30,401 to £37,267 pa
- 27/08/2019 23:59
At East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust our vision is to be widely recognised for providing safe, personal and effective care. We currently provide high quality services and treat over 600,000 people across East Lancashire and the surrounding area. We employ over 8,000 staff, many of whom are internationally renowned and have won awards for their work.
We are searching for an experienced nurse or midwife to work in our team to increase the support we offer to our students, mentors & educators and to help us expand our placement circuit.
The post holder will assist in the provision of high quality clinical placements for all other pre-registration students across ELHT. They will be required to work primarily with our student nurses within ELHT but will also be working with all of our other students & learners & with our placement partners across East Lancashire.
- Experienced Registered Nurse / Registered Midwife.
- A professionally recognised mentor / educator qualification.
- Experience working with & supporting students
- Car driver with access to a vehicle
- Experience of the CLiP model of student placements
- Key components of the role include:
- Preparing placement areas to adopt CLiP model of student placements
- Working with placement managers to expand placement capacity & increase the number of educators available
- Visiting students & other pre-registration learners within their placement area
- Working alongside students & their educators
- Student & mentor support & problem solving
- Contributing to student assessments
- Facilitation of student end of placement reviews & the collation of feedback
- Participation at UCLan curriculum & PEF meetings
- Facilitation & delivery student training days
- Facilitation of student welcome sessions
- Delivery of annual mentor update sessions & updating of mentors skills & knowledge
- Participating in multi-professional placement audits across the trust & with our partner organisations
Dear Potential Applicant,
It is important you are made aware of the changes which East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust has implemented with regard to charging for the cost of undertaking Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) Checks (previously known as Criminal Records Bureau or CRB) and how this may impact upon you.
As this position is exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and involves work that is identified as a regulated activity as defined in the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (2006), any offer of employment is provisional upon a satisfactory DBS check being obtained.
The cost of an Enhanced Disclosure will be £48.00, which includes a small handling fee.
In line with other NHS organisations in the North West Region, the Trust is now passing the charge for undertaking a DBS check on to candidates in the event they are successfully appointed into the post for which they have applied. Candidates can choose whether to pay this over 1-3 months as a deduction from the monthly salary. By applying for this vacancy you are agreeing to this undertaking in the event you are successfully appointed.
The postholder will have regular contact with vulnerable people and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Andrew Keavey on 01254 733371